Ríona – Saving Tim the dog W27

My family are poor, and our dog is really hungry. We have a house, but there’s only one way to pay the bank, and yes it’s come to this, we might have to sell Tim (our dog). Was this really the only way to save our home and maybe our life. There is one more way to save our home and dog Tim, but I am not going to start school any time soon. Mum is not going to get the job she always wanted, and Dad will have to move job. We can move in with Nan, I hope they like my idea and say OK…

2 thoughts on “Ríona – Saving Tim the dog W27

1. Dia dhuit Ríona,
    Maith thú, cheap mé go raibh do scéal go hálainn.
    The stories we write don’t always have to be happy or funny, writing can be very powerful when we use it as a way to make sense of what we see or hear. I really loved how the child in your story was trying to help find a solution to help the family. Life can be difficult at times, but having a loving family that supports each other can make a big difference.
    Maith thú 🙂
    Múinteoir Mairéad

2. Hi RÍona,
    What a very different 100WC you wrote by bringing us right into the heart of a family and showing us the worries and troubles the family were having including explaining the problems they were having and then how tough the solutions were going to be in order to help their situation improve . You did a very good job of creating the sadness the child was feeling for her family but that was n’t going to stop her from doing her very best to help her family, how many times have we heard that not all heroes wear capes and your 100WC certainly proved that. It ended with an air of positivity and hope and I loved that. Well done.