Finn de B W 27

The Diamond Jewellery

Today in school during chat time this girl was talking about a thief stealing her diamond ring.  “The thief came in to my house at about half ten at night, goes into my room and steals my diamond”.  Then she got so upset.  She said the thief was sprinting out so fast that he got lost in the woods.  She went to the shop to buy herself another diamond and there were no diamonds left.  The girl asked the shopkeeper “was that really the only diamond?” And then the teacher said ok children chat time is over.

3 thoughts on “Finn de B W 27

1. Maith thú Finn, scríobh tú scéal deas. Well done Finn, For me, as a Teacher, your story highlights how children in class can have so many different concerns and worries that a Teacher may be unaware of. It would be hard to continue with classwork after talking about something upsetting. I do hope the Guards caught the thief. I wonder was the diamond special in some way, perhaps it was a famous diamond? That brief chat at lunch time in class may have the makings of a block-buster movie! You could write a back-story to how the girl got the diamond ring?
    Maith thú ag obair, lean ort buachaill iontach 🙂
    Múinteoir Mairéad

2. Hi Finn,
    I never knew the chats children had in school were of about experiences like this, it’s so great to be always able to share your worries, thoughts or exciting news with friends in school, it’s a pity the break times aren’t longer as it is probably the most favorite part of the day for most children.
    Well done for getting all the prompts into your story, this was not easy. It sounds to me like this could be the start of a mystery novel, a case for the Famous Five or Secret Seven to solve…where are all the diamonds going, why are they being stolen, is the thief hiding out in the forest why and where?
    Well done Finn keep up the great work doing the 100WC.