100wc W38 Rachel

Change

Recruitment day. The best day in a young elephant’s life . I really want to be an African elephant but in order to get the job I must be between 8.2ft to 13ft. The elephant delivered his speech. I didn’t hear my name. So I went up and complained about the mistake. But he says it was not a mistake. I asked why. And he said because I am too short. My mother heard that she had a fit! She said “An elephants an elephant no matter how small”. Believe it or not I got my job! With the height of 8.1ft.

One thought on “100wc W38 Rachel

1. Haigh Rachel,
    Firstly I loved the title you put on your piece, “Change”.
    After reading your 100WC It reminded of the change that came into the Gárda recruitment years ago, there used to be a height requirement but that was done away with. Your height isn’t going to determine whether you will be be a great gárda or not, but your character will.
    You wrote two very determined characters in your piece, both son/daughter elephant and mother elephant, which led to their success in the end and proves there is never a problem with just asking the question “Why?”, which is what the elephant did.