Robyn – My new dog W27

A few days ago, I got a dog.  He is only a new born and he is a black Labrador.  I’ll tell you his name soon but the day we got him was a surprise I was not expecting it at all.

I picked his name.  It was hard but I did it.  His name is Kinder.  My Mam and Dad loved the name but all my sister said was “was that really the only one you could think of?” “No, I said. I thought about John too.”  She just laughed and rolled her eyes at me.

3 thoughts on “Robyn – My new dog W27

1. Dia dhuit Robyn,
    Your story made me laugh out loud! I wasn’t expecting the joke at the end. It can be so hard to choose a name for a dog, especially when it needs to be cleared with other family members. I loved the sarcastic humour between the siblings, it sounded quite familiar!
    Maith thú ag obair, cailín iontach 🙂
    Múinteoir Mairéad

2. Hi Robyn,
    I think we have all gone through the “What will call the new pet” problem, it is so hard to pick a name that everyone likes and is appropriate for the pet, some people are very funny for example the giant dog called “Tiny” and I have also learned that you can’t please everyone!
    I thought it was lovely that you chose to write your 100WC about pets because right now the pets are loving all the attention the children are giving them, and I loved the punchline at the end when you told your sister that the dog could have been called John, great banter between the sisters.
    Well done Robyn.