100wc W32 – Ciarán

Mission to Mars Part 2

Six months after the explosion of Earth, I’ve shamelessly gorged all of my junk. I’m not able to sleep. Ape/Man is doing great, he is saying we are now the most intelligent life forms in the Galaxy. I keep on trying to get back to Earth’s atmosphere, it’s almost impossible with the limited technology of the escape pod. I keep on asking myself “but should I really do this?” I thought it would be impossible, but I made the escape pod fly. The only thing is, the first ape that got here, the one that makes Big Ben look tiny, is the only thing that can launch us into space.

2 thoughts on “100wc W32 – Ciarán

1. Haigh Ciarán,
    I loved your imagination and humor in this piece, your character living with ape/man, the two most intelligent life forms in the galaxy and the only thing being able to launch the escap pod into space is the ape that makes Big Ben look tiny.
    You also used some great adjectives and adverbs e.g. “shamelessly gorged” and “limited technology”.
    Overall in 100WC you gave us a great snapshot of a mission in trouble in Mars and used the prompt very naturally.
    Keep up the great writing Ciarán

2. Great story telling Ciarán! I read part 1 and 2 together and I really have to praise your creative style of writing and fabulous imagination ….maith thú!

You’ve used the prompt as an essential part of the story by making the escape pod fly, regardless of the ‘limited technology’.

Excellent use of grammar and adjectives.

Keep up th good work!