Hannah – 100wc W30

I was stuck in the house because of the quarantine.  So I decided to go on a walk.  I asked my family if anyone wanted to come but they all said no.  I got my raincoat, even though it was not raining, but it was the lightest on I had.  I grabbed my shoes and as i was about to leave my dad stopped me.  “Yes?” I said.  “It might rain so use this umbrella just in case,” my dad said as he handed it to me.  I wanted to go on a different type of walk but I didn’t want to get lost, especially as I was on my own.  As I was walking there were 17yr old boys speeding in a small car blasting out music.  It was annoying but I ignored it.

Finally I reached the  town.  The same boys were surrounding an old homeless man.  Suddenly one of the boys kicked his sign down.  They all laughed.  The man begged them to stop.  Then another boy poured the poor man’s sunflower seeds all over the floor.

That’s when I told a nice lady to help.  She rang the police and they got in trouble.  They got in more trouble for speeding.  The man did get the packet of seeds back but he got more than just that!  He got leads of food and some blankets to keep him warm.  The teenage boys had to give the man an apology.

4 thoughts on “Hannah – 100wc W30

1. Haigh Hannah,
    Well Hannah did you ever think you would using quarantine as basis for a 100 WC, we didn’t know what it was a few months ago, your story is very current and up to date and I was wondering how you were going to make this interesting but you did it. Well done!
    I went from being bored because you were stuck in the house, to fed up because no one wanted to go on a walk with you, to annoyed because of the blasting music and speeding teenagers, to angry because someone was being mean to a homeless person, to proud that you got help and then triumphant because the man who was homeless got justice and the help he deserved.
    Good always wins out if we stick together and mind each other, I loved your happy ending to your story.
    Keep up the short story writing.

2. Excellent story Hannah bringing the reader on a journey using lots of descriptions so the reader can picture the scene. Very good spelling and punctuation and a lovely ending, well done!