100wc W35 Conor

Rusty and his bone

It was eight o clock in the morning when Rusty the Labrador woke up. He came out of his shed and had his dog nuts for breakfast. At lunchtime his owner came out and told him they were going for a walk, Rusty went over to the lawn and dug up a bone, he carried this with him on the walk.

On the walk they passed a river, Rusty put the bone down on a rock to get a drink as he was thirsty, but when he turned to get the bone it had slid off the rock and was floating down the river, he chased  the river and the bone got caught in some reeds, Rusty jumped into the water and swam over to get his bone, he swam back to the side and climbed out, his owner brought him home as he was cold and wet. Rusty slept well that night with his bone.

2 thoughts on “100wc W35 Conor

1. What a lovely story! I hope there was a good fire in his owner’s home to warm him up! Well done!

2. Haigh Conor,
    What a lovely 100WC. A day in the life of Rusty. You included such lovely details and brought us into his world and one of these was his bone which throughout the story became the centre of the story as it is in Rusty’s life. You gave a great description of Rusty saving his bone and I as a reader was delighted that he managed to succeed and I also loved the visual of your ending, Rusty curled up sleeping still minding his bone.
    Simple idea but very well written Conor