100wc W32 – Grace

The Thief part ll

I tried to hide but they found me. They searched me but couldn’t find the diamonds because I no longer had them. They brought me in for questioning but they were stupid cops and don’t know how to interrogate, so I got lucky because I hadn’t thought of an alibi. Once I got out I pulled their guns out of my pockets. “Stupid cops,” I said while looking around for whoever stole my diamonds. I pulled a bit of fabric out of my pocket and scanned it for DNA back in the lab. Hmm,” I said,” Nancy Piers 96 year old Australian woman, I don’t think so.” I still went to see if she knew anything. She said she doesn’t ever have much company only her grandson who lived at the docks. I went to check. When I got there the door was strangely open. I went inside to find an unconscious body and open drawers and cupboards. It looked like the burglar had gotten what they had come for.

2 thoughts on “100wc W32 – Grace

1. Haigh Grace,
    I am loving your crime story, you have all the correct crime vocabulary and logically follow the clues like a well trained cop should, even though he/ she might think that it will lead to nothing, you have to check out ever lead out. This moves your story along at a nice pace for readers. I also like that we get glimpses of the personality of your character, he/she doesn’t really respect the cops I wonder why? I also felt your character shows lots of determination, following after the person who took the diamonds, I don’t see him giving up anytime soon and he/she is very brave, nothing seems to put fear into your character, cops, guns, unconscious bodies etc.
    Keep up the great writing and stretching you imagination.

• Thanks Bernadette I actually pictured the thief as a girl because I think she would have the upper hand when she acts dumb when it comes to men asking her questions because let’s face it no man will believe that a woman is more clever than them. Thanks for your positive feedback every week.