100wc W31 – Robyn

My camping holiday

It was the last night of our camping trip.  We wanted to go roast marshmallows at the fire after sunset. We made our way to the location of the fire, it was really cold when we got there. When we lit the fire, it got warm again. I found the bag of marshmallows and put them on the skewers for everyone.  We roasted them then we put the fire out and went to see the full moon, my sister jumped in the lake with the dog we all laughed. I had a great time with my family.

2 thoughts on “100wc W31 – Robyn

1. Haigh Robyn,
    I loved your 100WC, it was such a simple idea of a camping trip with the family, no drama no excitement needed in this story, but the details you put into your story of the sharing marshmallows, the warmth of the fire, the swim in the lake, playing with the dog etc. created such a sense of happiness, togetherness and enjoyment.
    I love picnics and being outside and you manage to remind of that in your story. Thank you.
    A really lovely 100WC Robyn.

2. Hi Robyn, I have never been camping but reading your story made me dream of going as your descriptions make the adventure sound like great fun in the outdoors with friends toasting marshmallows by the campfire, lovely!