100wc W31 – Hannah

Once a year the sky would turn purple in a different county and only that county.  May family would always go to see it.  Sadly, last year, we couldn’t go because my brother was sick.  My mother didn’t feel well either but my Mom said next year we would go no matter what.  I eas excited tor the purple sky this year.  My brothers and I made a bet about where we think it will be this year.  I thought it would be over the city hall but my brothers said ti would be over our house.

It was the night before the sky turned purple.  We were all excited.  My mom said to go to bed early so we wouldn’t be tired in the morning.  So we all got an early night.  The next morning i was the last one up.  My brothers woke me up.  We went to check the news and they said that no one knows where it was.  My family ran to the car.  We wanted to be the first family who found it.  I grabbed my phone and a packet of crisps sp I wouldn’t be hungry.  We drove for hours but we couldn’t find it.  We stopped at a woods.  It was soo cool.  We went on a walk.  The second year in a row not to see the purple sky.

My dad let me  walk in the forest with just my older brother.  My other brothers had to walk with my parents.  We stopped at this beach.  It was soo cool.  It had an old tree and there were islands across the water.  I called my mom and told her to come and see.  I knew my brothers would lobe it.  Finally my mom, dad and brothers were there.  My mom was holding a picnic basket.  We sat down and had a picnic.  A few hours later it started to get dark.  We went to leave until we realised the sky above us was purple.  We found it!  And we were the first to see it.

3 thoughts on “100wc W31 – Hannah

1. Haigh Hannah,
    I loved idea of the sky turning purple somewhere new every year and the excitement of a family outing to discover the location. They say you should write about what you know and your family based story gave a lovely picture of family life, brothers and sisters making small bets, mum organizing outings, bedtimes etc. both parents keeping children safe by having them walk with them in the woods but giving independence to the older children when they are ready.
    I reall loved your ending of the family back together on the beach for the picnic, the family were happy to be together but when it started going dark and the sky turned purple, It was like the icing on the cake, it was a real YES moment!
    Well done Hannnah.

2. Hi Hannah, I really liked your story of family life going on an adventure with all it’s ups and downs, your description of the places you visited and the happy ending with a family picnic at the beach under a purple sky; I can just imagine it! Well done.

3. Such a lovely story describing a family outing. I really liked the numerous personal touches you gave in the story. Especially, bringing a packet of crisps in case you got hungry.

The scene on the beach using the picture prompt describing the old tree was woven lovely into the story and I could easily imagine it.

Keep up the story telling in your lovely descriptive way!