Grace

Daniel ran downstairs and searched under the tree.  He saw five neatly wrapped presents all with his name on them. He knew he shouldn’t open the presents but he had to. “I’ll just open a few,” he thought. He ripped the wrapping off the first present.  A toy train.  Then the second one.  A football.  He couldn’t help but open the third and fourth presents. He would carefully wrap them back up and open the fifth one later. After dinner Daniel was allowed open the presents. He went straight for the one he hadn’t opened yet. He ripped off the wrapping and there it was a jar of marmite. His mother saw the disappointed look on his face. “Do you not like it?” She asked. “No,” He said,” I like marmite.” Though he was disappointed.

2 thoughts on “Grace

1. Hello Grace, I really enjoyed reading your story. I must admit some years ago I tried to find out what my presents were under a Christmas tree. Fortunately, I didn’t open them up but I think I might have been disappointed if there was a jar of marmite there. If it had been a jar of vegemite it would not have been so bade. I would have been confused though. Your writing is very accurate and controlled. Well done.